Sunday, December 11, 2005

Edelweiss

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white, clean and bright
You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever

- Soundtrack from The Sound of Music (1965)


Beyond the image resemblence to Captain Von Trapp, both are patriot steadfast to a cause. After
22 years as Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir left behind a legacy. He has his success and failures but let history be a judge.

It seems odd to hear questions of his past. I too had my wishlist for the Malays and Malaysia not fulfilled. And, I wished certain things were done differently. But, I am no Malay man who does not value and respect an elder. Not for a man, who has acted with the demand of the time and bold to pursue whatever needs done. Not for a man, without the benefit of hindsight.

Its depressing to see Malays he entrust, crumbled intoxicated. I have my curiosities: Why they foresake the elemental essential for time honoured need? Why they not prosper all thy breathen?
Did the road to kingdom come took a detour? Or, simmering tenacity? Or, mere plurality turned singular? The answers are what lies inside them and only Allah knows ...

We see now young turks in-charge. As though experiance is no more a better teacher. Have they know-it-all? As though the young is not corrupted. Are they incorruptible? As though a country in crisis. Why we hear words of blame? Why the spins and cliche? Isn't in youth lies the advantage of time and the age buffer as security to your existence? Show us, elite education not mere pretigous name and confined to written words.

Learn from the guitar man the clarity and creativity in thinking and rationality. Not just a new broom dare to anger thy master. Not just resolve in taming a roaring crisis. Not just assiduous listening from the better.

Whatever is the past, it is the way of the time. Whatever is said, he is a true patriot. Whatever is questioned, he emerged to save and... bless my homeland forever.

A Voice

Kuala Lumpur

Dec 12th, 2005, 8:50 a.m.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Perdana Global Peace Forum 2005 begins today.

See the website http://perdana4peace.org/ for an update.

Anonymous said...

I dont like people saying thing about me! All in all you are all just bricks in Wall,

Anonymous said...

If I was not around in MAS, MAS would register a 1b loss !!!!

Anonymous said...

Munir, kau salah forum

My Say